Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Don’t pass up opportunities as a photographer!

Don’t pass up opportunities as a photographer! This is for the beginning photographer. What do I mean by that? If you know you can do the work and deliver beautiful images that the client will love. Just do it. If the job will benefit you, most defiantly do it. Now if you have any doubt don't do it. Example If its a once in a lifetime event like a wedding. Don’t do it. You could be sued for money and loose everything. Get some work as a second shooter for a while before attempting a wedding. You don’t ever want to fail but never for a once in a lifetime event. If you do have any opportunities that you could try and may fail that will not ruin you or the client. Go for it. Here is my example for an opportunity that I should have shot when I was starting out. I was ask to shoot a   topless calendar for breast cancer survivors. Very little to no money would I receive. That was not the reason for turning it down. I had not shot any nudes of someone that I did not know. I have never photograph one stranger let alone more than 12 topless models so I had some doubt about shooting a topless shoot. I did not have a studio,lighting,and enough confidence. The confidence
was the killer because they wanted to shoot at onsite locations. They had the hair,makeup,and wardrobes all they needed was a photographer. I may needed to find a few locations outside. That I could do with no problem. Here is what I should have done. Meet all the models way in advance. If the meetings went good for both move on to try to do a test run with one of the models. That would have build up my confidents. Being new to photography I did not have that knowledge at that time to beak it down into steps. Would I have made a lot of money? No! Would it have got my name out? Yes. Could it kick started my career. I think so. The most important thing was experience and getting experience early on in your career can be priceless. So do your best not to pass up opportunities as a photographer! 
NEVER STOP IMPROVING!  

No comments:

Post a Comment